The Penn State Nittany Lions and the Wisconsin Badgers will meet in the 2016 Big Ten Championship.
Penn State and Wisconsin will meet in Indianapolis on Saturday night in the Big Ten Championship. The Nittany Lions will be representing the East division, while the Badgers will be representing the West division.
- Penn State (10-2, 8-1) vs. Wisconsin (10-2, 7-2)
- Venue – Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Kickoff – 8:17 p.m.
- TV – FOX
- Coaches – James Franklin vs. Paul Chryst
The fact that the Nittany Lions are in the Big Ten Championship with a chance to be one of the top four teams in the nation is completely unbelievable. Penn State was 2-2 on the year after a blowout loss in Michigan. However, James Franklin’s squad finished the year with eight straight wins to finish 10-2 on the year.
Wisconsin is coming off a comeback victory over Minnesota last week. With the Nebraska loss to Iowa on Black Friday, the Badgers were guaranteed a place in the championship game regardless of how things worked out against Minnesota.
Both losses for the Badgers came in conference. Wisconsin fell to both Michigan and Ohio State. The Badgers recorded an impressive early season win over LSU. While the Badgers struggle a bit on offense, they do have a talented running back in Corey Clement. Wisconsin also has a tough defense that makes things very difficult for opponents.
The winner of the Big Ten Championship will have a legitimate chance at making the College Football Playoff.
Check this post all week as the links are updated below with everything you’ll need to know about Penn State’s battle with Wisconsin.
Weekly Game Links:
More from Victory Bell Rings
- Penn State Football Recruiting Commit Breakdown: DT Fred Hansard4h ago
- Penn State Football Recruiting Commit Breakdown: TE Zack Kuntz7h ago
- Penn State Football Recruiting: SEC Commit Flips to Nittany Lions20h ago
- Penn State Opens as Underdog in Big Ten Championship23h ago
- Penn State Players of the Game Against Michigan State23h ago