We take a look at what Louisville football fan’s confidence should be that Lamar Jackson will win the Heisman Trophy on Saturday night.
Well, today is finally the day that Louisville football fans have been waiting for. Lamar Jackson has been tearing up the college football world for all of 2016 and it’s time to find out if he will be the first Louisville Cardinal to ever win the Heisman Trophy.
Therefore, we are going to take a look at what kind of confidence Louisville football fans should have going into the ceremony on Saturday night.
After two losses in-a-row to Houston and Kentucky, there has been some speculation that Deshaun Watson has closed the gap on Jackson. While that may be true, the gap between the two players is as large as the Grand Canyon.
I felt a lot better about Jackson’s chances of winning the Heisman after seeing the amount of awards that he won earlier this week.
- 2016 Walter Camp Award (Player of the Year)
- 2016 Maxwell Award (Player of the Year)
- 2016 ACC Coach’s Player of the Year
- 2016 ACC Coach’s Offensive Player of the Year
- 2016 1st Team All-ACC Offense
The amount of things he has accomplished this season under Bobby Petrino has just been amazing. By looking at the player of the year awards Jackson has already won, we get a sense of the pulse of the voters going into Saturday.
I still tend to believe that the Heisman Trophy will be in Lamar Jackson’s hands at the end of Saturday night.
Again, everyone knows the type of player he has become and that was reflected by the amount of awards he has already received.
Cardinals fans, you can feel very confident going into Saturday night.
Apply to Big Red Louie.
Start your application process by filling out the fields below
More from Big Red Louie
- Louisville Football: 3 Former Cardinals May Be Out Sunday For The Jets1 h ago
- Louisville Basketball vs. Texas Southern: Everything You Need To Know1 h ago
- Louisville Football: 11 Cardinals Honored With All-ACC Honors1 d ago
- Louisville Football: Major Praise From Dolphins’ OC For DeVante Parker1 d ago
- Louisville Basketball: What Did Terry Rozier Say After His Career-Night?1 d ago