The time has finally arrived for the 2016 College Football Playoff to be finalized. This weekend’s slate of conference championship games were all fairly competitive aside from the SEC. This should be a fun playoff to watch. Here’s our staff predictions:
- Ohio State
- Ohio State
- 12/4 – Watson makes his final case for Heisman in win over Virginia Tech
- 12/3 – Clemson Football 2016 regular season awards
- 12/2 – Q&A: Former Clemson football player Matthew Knowles praises Dabo Swinney.
- 12/2 – Clemson Football: Weekend news bites
- 12/1 – ACC Championship game: Virginia Tech expert answers a few questions
It should be 1) Alabama 2) Clemson 3) Penn State 4) Washington. I don’t agree with two teams from one conference or Ohio State being in over Penn State. Why play conference championships, if they don’t factor into the decision of who makes the playoffs. I don’t understand the love affair with the Ohio State Buckeyes. They haven’t been impressive lately and the strength of their schedule is weighted by the ranked teams in its league. A league that they couldn’t win!!!
I think the College Football Playoff will end up being 1. Alabama, 2. Clemson, 3. Penn State, 4. Ohio State. Now I will say that I believe Washington should be in over Penn State, but, after winning in the fashion that they did against Wisconsin, Penn State became College Football’s Cinderella. The Nittany Lions need to thank Washington for scheduling cupcakes as well. The Huskies SOS is going to do them in. I understand that there should be some importance placed on winning your conference championship, but, it is clear that Ohio State deserves to be in, I still believe they are a better team than Penn State. Rather than leave Ohio State out because they didn’t win their conference championship, the committee will punish them by dropping them to four setting up a showdown with Alabama.
More from Rubbing the Rock
- Watson makes his final case for Heisman in win over Virginia Tech6h ago
- Clemson Football 2016 regular season awards22h ago
- Q&A: Former Clemson football player Matthew Knowles praises Dabo Swinney.1 d ago
- Clemson Football: Weekend news bites1 d ago
- ACC Championship game: Virginia Tech expert answers a few questions2d ago